Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My Take on Brandon

As I wrote in my January 9 post, "I believe Dave Brandon far too smart and calculating to not know what he is doing.  In fact, I believe he's had a plan, and back-up plan, and back-up plan to the back-up plan in place for some time.  And it goes something like this: Jim Harbaugh, then Les Miles, then Brady Hoke."


That's right - Brandon knew who he was going to hire when he fired the RR.  Michael Rosenberg of the Free Press nails it on the head - check out his article: http://www.freep.com/article/20110111/COL22/110111051/1054/SPORTS06/Brandon-probably-didnt-want-Miles

Brandon has had a plan in place for some time now.  I would not understate him.  He did not go to Baton Rouge to get turned down.  No, that was scripted.  And well-managed.

Brandon is being a great Athletic Director.  He is restoring dignity to his school in the way he is going about this.  Not a word has leaked.  And when he was approached by a reporter at Willow Run Airport, the only words out of his mouth were, "Hawaii was terrific."   My wisest friend, Seymour, always says that.

No comments:

Post a Comment